In most cases, the indications given by the signaling LEDs on the emitter, receiver and control unit make it possible to determine the cause of the malfunction.
In any case, however, always give the test command after a system block, to make sure that the misbehavior is not due to possible random electro - magnetic interferences.
If the malfunction persists also after the test command and after the system has been switched off and on, it is necessary to:
- check that the electrical connections are intact and correct;
- check that the power supply voltage is correct (see manual);
- if there are external relays or contactors, check that they are used correctly, with the anti - interference modules provided by the manufacturer;
- check that emitter and receiver are aligned correctly and that the optics are clean;
- check the operating distance (steam or fumes might cause false engagements at maximum operating distance);
- check if the curtain is subject to vibrations (which can cause temporary misalignments);
- check that there are no more than two curtains operating close to each other or side by side, and that each receiver does not intercept other emitters a part for its own;
- check that the curtain is not located close to reflecting surfaces, such as polished panels and plates;
- check that all the system's elements are grounded correctly
If the suggested checks are not enough to reinstate the correct system operation, please send the device to the closest authorized Reer repair centre, including all its parts and clearly indicating:
- serial number S/N;
- date of purchase;
- operating period;
- application and installation;
- detected failure.
You can also consult the following .pdf documents (downloadable) in which the most common problems and solutions are listed for each product: